It’s summertime and what’s more fun than being outside in that warm sunshine, right? But beware of getting too much sun.
To reduce your risk of skin cancer, the Centers for Disease Control recommends easy options for protection from UV radiation:
- Stay in the shade during midday hours.
- Wear clothing that covers your arms and legs.
- Wear a hat with a wide brim to shade your face, head, ears, and neck.
- Wear sunglasses that wrap around and block both UVA and UVB rays.
- Use sunscreen with sun protection factor (SPF) 15 or higher, and both UVA and UVB protection.
- Avoid indoor tanning.
For details about these options, see Sun Safety.
Looking for wellness information? Check out the WELLNESS page on Riverwood’s website. This is a one-stop source of information on both Riverwood wellness resources, such as services and education, and Community wellness resources with info on classes, programs, recreational opportunities and more.