The mission of Riverwood Foundation is to raise money for Riverwood Healthcare Center to improve the quality of care for the communities we serve. We offer a variety of ways to support Riverwood’s mission through fundraising events such as our annual summer Golf Tournament and fall Gala event.
Riverwood Foundation wants to build relationships with donors who feel a special connection to the facility and the services we provide to the community. Our desire is to connect with each donor individually to learn more about their passions and how they intersect with Riverwood Healthcare Center.
How to Give
- Your gifts help us continue the tradition of providing the best healthcare services available, while maintaining high quality patient care well into the future.
- Your gifts of cash, real estate, personal property or securities will help meet the needs of the hospital organization and the patients it serves.
- Cash gifts may be made on a one-time, annual, or pledge basis.
- Honorary and memorial gifts are always a loving way to remember a family member or a friend.
- Charitable Trusts allow you to maintain the income rights of your gift.
- Annuities and income trusts can also be set up.
- Special bequests through your will, life insurance and life income agreements can be directed by you as you desire
- All gifts to Riverwood Foundation, no matter what size, are appreciated.
Donations to this fund will be used to support healthcare services offered through Riverwood Healthcare Center, including purchases of minor equipment, programming and education. Unrestricted dollars are vital because they allow the Foundation Board of Directors to direct funding to the most important, or time-dependent needs that may arise at Riverwood.
Donations to this fund will continue to grow until they reach $500,000. When this goal is reached, the interest and dividends only for this fund will be used to fund healthcare projects. With an endowment fund, the principal is preserved and serves as a source of income for years to come.
The Healing Garden, located on the grounds of Riverwood Healthcare Center in Aitkin, was created to provide a place of peace and reflection of patients, their families, Riverwood employees and all members of the community. This is a special place of honor to memorialize a loved one with a personalized memorial brick placed along the walkway, or purchase living flowers, or trees. Brick order form»
Michael Zilverberg Fund
In 2004 Jeannette Zilverberg of Aitkin established a fund in memory of her late husband, Michael. This fund was established as a scholarship or educational fund to aid in the education and recruitment of healthcare professionals for Riverwood Healthcare Center.
Zachary Johnson Kids with Cancer Fund
Named after Zachary Johnson, who was diagnosed with leukemia at age 10 months, this fund offers grants to families with a dependent child (age 18 or under) who has any form of cancer. The gift is to be used for anything that the patient or caregiver wishes. See application form. One way to support this fund is to drop off used printer cartridges for recycling at The Office Shop, in Aitkin and Brainerd.