Riverwood Healthcare offers a variety of speech-language pathology services to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, voice, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in children and adults.
Speech therapy can help adult patients affected by stroke, brain injury, dementia, swallowing difficulties, head/neck cancer, or vocal abuse/illness. However, patients with diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis, and ALS can benefit too.
Speech-language pathology therapy services are available in Aitkin. For an appointment, call Riverwood’s Therapy Services department at 218-927-5580.
Other considerations for speech therapy include:
- Cognitive communication disorders (memory and attention deficits, dementia)
- Dysarthria (muscular weakness, slurred or very soft speech)
- Dysphagia (difficulty chewing or swallowing)
- Aphasia (difficulty with language or word finding after injury or stroke)
- Pediatric speech and language disorders (articulation, autism, social skill deficits, stuttering, language disorders)
- Voice disorders caused by illness, surgery, or misuse (vocal hoarseness, difficulty projecting voice)
- Augmentative alternative communication (supports to aid communication)
- LSVT LOUD (improves vocal loudness for patients with Parkinson’s)
Pediatric speech therapy helps children communicate more effectively in their everyday lives, reduces frustration, and empowers parents and caregivers to help their child.
We can evaluate and treat speech sound disorders, language disorders, delayed speech/language development, autism, stuttering, voice, cognition, and feeding issues that stem from oral motor deficits.
We design a customized therapy plan that fits your child’s needs. Treatment is child-and family-centered and focuses on improving communication and engagement in the home, community, and school environments. If your child is having difficulty communicating with others, we can help.
Amanda Bostrom, MS, CCC/SLP, is an experienced speech-language pathologist with expertise in therapy for children as well as adults.