Riverwood Healthcare Community Auxiliary is committed to the support of Riverwood Healthcare Center through volunteer services, fundraising and the promotion of a positive image to the community. See our Community Auxiliary brochure for an overview of volunteer opportunities and fundraising activities.
The Auxiliary has several important fundraisers during the year including Lights of Love, quilt raffle, bake sales, and book sales.
The Lights of Love program began in 1984. This program offers an opportunity to honor or memorialize a loved one with on a Christmas tree with a formal lighting ceremony held just before the holiday season. A community member who has shown strong support throughout the years is selected as the Lights of Love Honorary Chair.
A Riverwood Auxiliary Gift Shop, open Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., is located in the Aitkin hospital lobby. This unique boutique boasts a variety of gifts from stylish jewelry, scarves and purses to pottery and home décor items. With revenue from the Gift Shop and other fundraisers, the Auxiliary helps purchase equipment and material for Riverwood Healthcare Center and its clinics.
Our mission is to give back to the communities we serve by helping people on their path to better health through impactful employee engagement and support.
- Make a positive long-term impact in the communities we serve
- Find a passion in a part of your life that previously may have been underdeveloped
- Help Riverwood benefit through increased staff morale, greater community visibility
- Support Riverwood strategic goals that link with community initiatives
- Help connect Riverwood with area nonprofits