The winter issue of our Healthy Living newsletter highlights a permanent solution for acid reflux disease as well as other news on orthopaedics, kidney dialysis coming to Aitkin and more.
Here’s a quick summary of all the news items with links to more information:
- The LINX system, an advanced solution for treating acid reflux, is now available at Riverwood. See LINX patient success stories for Judy Nelson and Shawn Speed.
- Dr. Jon Herseth specializes in sports medicine and offers a full range of orthopaedic services, including shoulder and hip or knee joint replacements. See Romaine Bonneville’s story on a shoulder replacement and Scott Kellerman’s quick recovery from knee surgery.
- Our Radiology department now offers several new services for cancer screening, including PET-CT scans and a low-dose CT scan for lung cancer screening.
- In an effort to improve the value and quality of care delivery, Riverwood Healthcare Center has pursued and achieved Health Care Home (HCH) certification through the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Our annual Gala raised about $45,000 for a new kidney dialysis center at Riverwood, which will open in spring 2019 after the completion of our Aitkin clinic expansion and renovation project. See Dean Hasskamp’s kidney care story.
- Memorial gifts are a great way to express gratitude for the healthcare services provided to a loved one at Riverwood. To make a donation in Memory or Honor of a loved one, visit www.riverwoodhealthcare.org/foundation/donationform or call Katie Nelson, Foundation director, at 218-927-5158 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Those honored or remembered will be listed in our quarterly newsletter.
For more on what’s happening at Riverwood, see back issues of Healthy Living.